Picture of Amanda Neimer
Grammar unit 2 page page 12 HELP
by Amanda Neimer - Tuesday, 8 November 2011, 05:11 PM

PLEASE can someone help me with this test on if they're transitive, intransitive, linking or auxiliary.... I've nearly used up all my attempts.

I can't understand a word of it! Am I thick?

Picture of Caroline Fraser
Re: Grammar unit 2 page page 12 HELP
by Caroline Fraser - Thursday, 10 November 2011, 10:31 PM

Hi Amanda

The trick to this is to use a dictionary and look at the verb in the sentance. Hope this helps. Good Luck
Caroline Fraser
Picture of Pam Donald
by Pam Donald - Sunday, 20 November 2011, 01:54 AM

don't worry about the number of attempts - the grammar course has recently been amended to permit unlimited attempts! Fingers crossed that you have got them all figured out by now :)
Picture of Peter Watts
by Peter Watts - Sunday, 20 November 2011, 01:01 PM

Amanda

Your not thick - the grammar course I found alot easier by working it through very slowly, making my own notes as I went on the form and rules.

Once I had finished a module before moving onto the next I recapped and then moved on.

The 30hr Grammar course really does require alot of quiet study and concentration- its not something that I found I could wizz through as I wasn't actually absorbing any of the teachings.

My brain ached alot and i retained only a small part each time but with constant recapping it eventually begins to stick. (I actually found reading out loud putting emphasis on verbs is a massive help)
Picture of Paul McCarthy
by Paul McCarthy - Tuesday, 13 March 2012, 09:39 AM

Ditto after going through it once just by reading whilst I passed the tests I didnt really understand or remember what was what. So i went through the stages again and wrote it down in my own words my understanding which helped me retain the info better.

That said the final review on verbs is very tough (or at least I found it so) especially given the teaching of Transitive/intransitive verbs is very basic and the final review there are some complex examples of both

I also found as a teaching tool is to guess some of the answers and then once i guessed correctly look at the sentence again to identify why it was correct

That said this isnt an english exam we are trying to achieve a pass in once credited you will be using the qualification to teach English to others so with that in mind lesson preparation for the  course will be down to you 

Skip Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack £25