NULL
Unit 3 page 11, help!! Auxiliary verb and main verb
by Bethany-Hope Symmonds - Wednesday, 23 March 2011, 03:01 PM

Unit 3 Page 11
I am trying to move on but it wont let me unless I get all the questions right... I have 5 attempts left, please help me I just cant seem to get it right!! Question asks me to choose which is an Auxiliary or Main verb. A little frustrated :(

Picture of
Re: Unit 3 page 11, help!! Auxiliary verb and main verb
by - Thursday, 31 March 2011, 09:00 AM

Hi,

I had a similar problem with this page. Unfortunately it doesn't give you any help at all. In the end I found that I had been getting question 5 wrong each time (I think it even warns you to look out for that one). All I can say is look again. Sorry I can't be more helpful.
Picture of Melanie Preston
by Melanie Preston - Thursday, 14 April 2011, 10:51 AM

Its so annoying isn't it! I'm stuck a little later on the tenses. I have written down my answers for the auxilary verbs though if you still need help.
Picture of Scarlett O'Connor
by Scarlett O'Connor - Wednesday, 25 May 2011, 06:51 PM

Hey guys

I NEED HELP!! Have 2 attempts left!

I've got a feeling I'm messing up on question 5 as well, I should've originally not changed my other answers & only q5!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm
by Scarlett O'Connor - Wednesday, 25 May 2011, 06:59 PM

Last attempt!! hahahahah can't believe it.

What happens when you run out of chances?!
Picture of Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista
by Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista - Thursday, 26 May 2011, 10:01 PM

Hi guys, main verbs and auxiliary verbs are not as difficult as u think,you only have to read and look at the difference between them and how they work in a senctence.

auxiliary verbs:
be (am,is, are)
have/has/had
do/does

For example
Peter drives a car (drives is the main verb,theres not other verb in that sentence)

Peter is driving a car (is, is the auxiliary verb,as is suports the main verb(driving) )

Does Peter drive a car? (Does is the aux verb,its supporting the main verb (drive) to form a question)

and its exactly like that with the auxiliary verb Have.

I hope that helps u guys and dont give up any help u need ill be here and like grammar i already finished them and im still doing the 50 hrs online smile

by Scarlett O'Connor - Monday, 30 May 2011, 04:46 PM

Thanks Nancy!

Am now on page 16 -giving me grief again but have been recommended a book to support this so will grab a copy tomorrow.

Think I'll concentrate on getting some of the grammar section done before I get back to this.
by Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista - Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 09:59 AM

Good for u!!! anything u need just let me know as i already finished grammar and not long to go to finish the 50 hrs online :)
Picture of Susan McMahon
by Susan McMahon - Sunday, 19 June 2011, 07:42 AM

hi nancy i'm working my way through the grammar course but finding some of it really tough. am i being stupid? how difficult did you find it? any advice would be great, thanks susan
by Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista - Tuesday, 21 June 2011, 01:09 PM

hi susan, its not as difficult as u think, u just need to read and realized the way the sentence is written and how it affects the noun, hope these help u!!
i started doing the grammar section first as its very easy for me finished 50 hrs online too but left the assignments to the end so need to finish them,havent done it for a while, anything else u need ill be happy to help :)
auxiliary verbs:
be (am,is, are)
have/has/had
do/does

For example
Peter drives a car (drives is the main verb,theres not other verb in that sentence)

Peter is driving a car (is, is the auxiliary verb,as is suports the main verb(driving) )

Does Peter drive a car? (Does is the aux verb,its supporting the main verb (drive) to form a question)

and its exactly like that with the auxiliary verb Have.
Picture of Susan McMahon
by Susan McMahon - Wednesday, 22 June 2011, 09:45 AM

Thanks Nancy am going over the reading again, hopefully will sink in this time! Good luck with finishing the 50 hour online, I started this but then decided to do the grammar course, thinking the 50 hour online will be easier once I've completed the grammar, fingers crossed! :)
by Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista - Wednesday, 22 June 2011, 11:55 AM

Good, keep it up :)
Skip Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack £25