Picture of Melanie Preston
Unit 3..
by Melanie Preston - Thursday, 14 April 2011, 11:00 AM

What a joke! What is the point in not being able to continue if you get something wrong. Surely in a lesson if a student is continously getting the same thing wrong then the teacher should provide some help. Its so frustrating having to go over it again and again. Also I'm finding that the "lessons" that are written are very confusingly done so and are little help. I'm annoyed and disappointed with this course so far!

I know that we can email for help but this taked time to come through. I am a bust person and set aside this time specifically for TEFL but find it wasted when I can't progress because of the way the system is set up.

NULL
Re: Unit 3..
by Lorraine muller - Friday, 15 April 2011, 11:34 AM

Hi, i am now on unit 10, and yes your right!!!! this course can be very confusing, but as you geton, you'll get the hang of it, it does get much easier. I also have a great teacher who is almost always there to help when i have questions. Try contacting your teacher more often. It really does help. And print out the units before you start that way you can read them through, and look on the web for any info regarding the topic.
hope your feeling a little better today.
kind regards Lorraine.
Picture of Scarlett O'Connor
by Scarlett O'Connor - Wednesday, 25 May 2011, 06:49 PM

Totally agree!

Am currently stuck on page 11.. It's driving me INSANE!!

Tim (my tutor) is pretty damn good actually so have just dropped him a line when I realised I'm only down to my 2nd attempt left! Eeeeeek.

Seriously don't get this auxiliary verb stuff!!!

Am approaching them like they're 'tense' words as such but I just can't seem to get any further!!!

Are you supposed to be getting 100% before you move on or something?!
Picture of Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista
by Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista - Thursday, 26 May 2011, 10:01 PM

Hi guys, main verbs and auxiliary verbs are not as difficult as u think,you only have to read and look at the difference between them and how they work in a senctence.

auxiliary verbs:
be (am,is, are)
have/has/had
do/does

For example
Peter drives a car (drives is the main verb,theres not other verb in that sentence)

Peter is driving a car (is, is the auxiliary verb,as is suports the main verb(driving) )

Does Peter drive a car? (Does is the aux verb,its supporting the main verb (drive) to form a question)

and its exactly like that with the auxiliary verb Have.

I hope that helps u guys and dont give up any help u need ill be here and like grammar i already finished them and im still doing the 50 hrs online :)
NULL
by Andrew James McKie - Wednesday, 1 June 2011, 04:47 PM

could anyone help me with part 2 of unit 3 lesson?
Picture of Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista
by Nancy Marilu Huari Evangelista - Wednesday, 1 June 2011, 06:30 PM

remind me wat wats the question in part 2? i can help u, finished that, got 100%
NULL
by Andrew James McKie - Wednesday, 1 June 2011, 06:44 PM

its the one with the white lion. adjectives, adverbs, nouns, etc

thanks in advance :)
NULL
by Andrew James McKie - Thursday, 2 June 2011, 04:03 PM

got it
Picture of DEILWEN EDWARDS
by DEILWEN EDWARDS - Wednesday, 1 June 2011, 05:42 PM

I need to vent...unit 3 is driving me nuts!!!! The way it is set out is no help at all and instead of teaching me grammar it is making me hate grammar !!

It does not help you learn when you are told that your answers are wrong but not told WHICH answers are wrong, I feel like throwing my lap top out of the window so best I give up on unit 3 for the day! Vent over...

Picture of Jayne Starkie
by Jayne Starkie - Monday, 17 October 2011, 05:30 PM

Same here!! This is nuts!!
Skip Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack £25