Picture of Steven Begley
Unit 7, page 9: Controlled vs. Free practice
by Steven Begley - Thursday, 16 June 2011, 03:18 PM

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if anyone could help me with this excercise. I'm finding it difficult to seperate what is controlled practice and what is free practice? I've read it over and over & I'm just not getting it!

Any help would be appreciated.

A is a reporter and B is a famous celebrity. A has to find out five interesting habits/routines from the famous celebrity. (practising Present Simple):

A is a reporter and B is a famous celebrity. A has to find out five interesting habits/routines from the famous celebrity. Give the students sentences to use, e.g. What do you do every weekend? What do you do when you finish work? (practising Present Simple):

Call my bluff. Students in groups of three read out statements to another group, one statement is true and the others are false. The group listening needs to ask questions to find out which statement is true.:

Simon says. You call out commands and the students act out the command only if the command begins with Simon says...:

Both students have a daily diary with different meetings and appointments for the week. They must find a time for a lunch appointment, tennis, business meeting etc. (Good for practising present continuous e.g. What are you doing on Tuesday at 10 o'clock?):

Picture of Amanda Neimer
Re: Unit 7, page 9: Controlled vs. Free practice
by Amanda Neimer - Friday, 12 August 2011, 03:23 PM

did you have any luck with this, it's driving me mad!
Picture of Rosie Parson
by Rosie Parson - Thursday, 16 August 2012, 05:01 PM

not sure if you will see this but I could really use some help with this section too if you can remember it or currently work using the different practises I would really appreciate some help with it? x Thanks so much.

Rosie

Picture of Suzanne Sheehy
by Suzanne Sheehy - Wednesday, 2 January 2013, 04:55 PM

I am also findin difficulty with this section? can anyone help?

its quite tricky!

thanks

Skip Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack

Teacher's Pack £25